Material & Care
What is 925 Sterling Silver?
Sterling silver consists of 92.5% silver, and the remaining 7.5% consists of other metals, usually copper. The reason silver needs to be combined with other metals is that it is very difficult to make great designs with just pure silver as it is very soft and malleable. A bit of hardness has to be introduced by adding other metals such as copper and zinc.
Silver typically becomes shinier the more it's worn. If you want to keep your sterling silver fresh, do wear it often and do not let it sit around in your jewellery box!
What is Rose Gold/ Gold Vermeil?
Rose gold/ gold vermeil jewellery is made by plating a thick layer of gold on top of sterling silver by a process called electroplating. Gold plating can fade over time and expose the
base metal. Gold vermeil jewellery can remain bright and shine for a longer duration with proper care.
What is Titanium?
Titanium is one of the most durable metal jewellery can be made of. Titanium is hypoallergic and highly resistant to scratches even if you wear on a daily basis.
Well known for its strong resistance to corrosion and its hardness, it is particularly resistant to any damaging effects from water and chlorine. Because it isn’t mixed with substances that irritate skin, it can be worn comfortably by many without the fear of allergic reactions.
What is Brass?
Brass is mainly composed of metals like copper and zinc. The maintenance of brass jewellery requires a little more attention than other material. Do follow above care guide to take care of your brass jewellery.
What is tarnish and how does it happen?
Tarnish is a by-product of chemical reaction that develops on metals like sterling silver as their outermost layer undergoes oxidation. When jewellery gets tarnished or oxidized, the jewellery often looks dull or gray, it shades the beauty of your jewellery. However, tarnish can be cleaned by a soft cloth.